Your Guide to Electronic Cigarette Nicotine Levels
It’s an important question to ask! Finding the right nicotine level is the key to enjoying ecigarettes, especially when you are making the transition from regular cigarettes.
If you choose an eliquid that has a low nicotine level, then it may not satisfy your cravings, and you may end up vaping more to compensate for the lower level of nicotine.
If you choose one with too high of a nicotine level, it may be too intense for you, and you could experience light-headedness or stronger than desired throat hits.
So, how do you choose a nicotine strength for your ecigs? Begin by comparing them to traditional cigarettes. The type of cigarettes you smoke will have a direct impact on the ejuice nicotine level you may prefer.
Comparing Regular Cigarettes and Eliquid Nicotine Strength
Traditional tobacco cigarettes contain 8 to 20 milligrams nicotine, depending on the brand and type of cigarette you prefer. Here is a comparison of eliquid nicotine strength and regular cigarettes to assess the nicotine level you should start with.
|Nicotine Strength||Traditional Cigarettes|
|0 milligrams (mg)||Non-smokers|
|36 milligrams||Very Strong (unfiltered)|
Since many smokers prefer regular strength cigarettes, it’s recommended that you try electronic cigarettes with 18 mg of nicotine to start. This is the mid-level strength. Depending on your experience, you can stick with it, or increase or decrease the nicotine level until you find the perfect ecigarette for you.
Let’s take a more in-depth look at the different eliquid nicotine levels in ecigarettes:
- O mg: Eliquid with no nicotine is ideal for ex-smokers and non-smokers alike.
- 6 mg: This is ideal for people who just want to experience a hint of nicotine. It has a very low throat hit and is ideal for casual users or people wanting an alternative to smoking.
- 12 mg: This is ideal for people who were either casual smokers or preferred light cigarettes. This is a good introductory nicotine level.
- 18 mg: This is a popular level for heavy smokers. It satisfies that nicotine craving.
- 24-36 mg: This is typically used by experienced ecigarette users. It has a very strong throat hit and is not recommended for new users.
At the end of the day, it really comes down to your personal preference and tolerance level. Start out somewhere in the middle and experiment with different nicotine levels and ejuice flavours. This is one of the beauties of vaping. There is no one right way to do it–you create your experience.
Browse our eliquids to find your nicotine level sweet spot.